Join us for the 2022 SNAPS Superhero Challenge, an inclusive ‘fun run’ style event giving children with additional needs the chance to feel like a SuperHero.
This exciting event will take place at the John Charles Athletics track, and every child will decide on their own distance target for the event. They may choose to go halfway round, the full way round or keep going many times. They can walk, run or wheel* around the track being cheered on to the finish line where they will receive their own challenge medal.
It’s just £5 for each child to register and adults go free. Every child that registers will receive everything they need to feel like a superhero. Including a cape, medal and goody bag to celebrate their challenge. A fun run-style event and a fun-filled day for the whole family:
Date: Sunday 26th June 2022
Time: 10.30am – 12.30pm
Cost: £5 per child, adults go free
Venue: John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Belle Isle, Leeds LS11 5DJ
- Petting zoo, bouncy castle, children’s entertainers, face painting, crafts and more.
- The chance to zoom around a 400m athletics track, where children can run, walk or wheel as far as they like.
- A superhero cape to wear while zooming around the track, goodie bag and medal!
Voluntary sponsorship target: £46 – this amount could sponsor a SNAPS session.
Even more reasons to sign up:
- Each child will feel like a superhero for the day as they are clapped and cheered along the track to the finish line where they are presented with their special medal.
- ‘Special guests’ taking part on the day will give children the chance to meet real life superhero’s & other famous faces!
- There will be children’s entertainers and activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- SNAPS’ football coaches will be leading taster sessions for children to have a go at a new sport.
Not only does the Superhero Challenge promise to be a fun filled day for all the family, it’s also a great way for SNAPS to raise much needed funds. SNAPS receives no government funding to provide its vital services so we rely on kind, compassionate people like you to support us.
The William Merritt Centre is a registered charity since 1982, offering impartial and professional advice for Children and Adults. Carrying out assessments for clients, healthcare professionals and members of the public about daily living aids. We offer a try before you buy ethos allowing clients to identify individual needs to enhance their independence. We are also an accredited member of Driving Mobility offering medical fitness to drive assessments, passenger access assessments and vehicle adaptation assessments www.wmdlc.org
To help SNAPS work and continue providing the support we do for children with additional needs, we are asking all those taking part to try and raise as much sponsorship as they can. It would be great if families could raise £46, which could cover the cost of one SNAPS physiotherapy session but anything you can raise will make a huge difference to SNAPS and we’d be so grateful. There will also be a special gift for all families who reach their target.
Part of a local school? You’re welcome to join in, or you could host your own Superhero Challenge! Contact us to find out more – firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are selling fast so be sure to get yours before they go www.register.enthuse.com
*only applies to accessibility aids such as wheelchairs, walkers, pushchairs.
Thank You For Your Support.