Hop down to Kirkgate Market this Easter for fun activities for all
Children and adults alike will all be well catered for this Easter at Leeds Kirkgate Market with a basket-load of fun and interesting activities planned.
An inspiration for family meals, gift ideas, a night market and fun activities for the kids are all on offer at Leeds Kirkgate Market this Easter.
The Easter holidays start with an Easter Night Market on Thursday 29 March bringing an evening of entertainment, activities for the children, food, drink and chocolatey treats.
To help people make their Easter weekend preparations as easy as possible, Kirkgate Market will be open as usual on Good Friday and Easter Saturday and will have an abundance of fresh food available from the market’s varied traders.
Planning a great-value Easter feast with the family could not be easier and while the grown-ups are shopping for tasty treats, Easter eggs and other gifts, on Saturday 31 March kids will be able to meet the White Rabbit on a fun and interactive Easter Trail, following clues and completing puzzles.
The market will be closed on Easter Monday, re-opening on Tuesday 3 April and bringing lots of children’s activities throughout half term including a visit from West Yorkshire Police where children will be able to explore police vehicles and carry out a mini investigation.
Peter Rabbit book readings from Leeds Libraries, films on the big screen as part of the Leeds Young Film Festival, children’s cooking demonstrations with the ministry of food, as well as a visit from the Northern school of contemporary dance to encourage boys to take part in dancing and a pop up roller disco, courtesy of Child Friendly Leeds, are all on offer over the Easter Holidays.
Other events in April include the monthly vintage fair on 7 April, record fair on 14 April, a garden event on 19, 20 and 21 April with Katie Rushworth from ITV’s Love Your Garden’ doing a book signing and giving a talk on Friday 20 April and the monthly #kirkLATE night market returns on Thursday 26 April.
Councillor Jonathan Pryor, a lead member for markets, said:
“Kirkgate really is more than just a market. The amazing array of events and activities we have planned this Easter demonstrates just how versatile the event space at Kirkgate really is. There is a massive variety of fun and educational things for children and young people to do whilst their parents discover all the food and shopping treats the market has to offer.”
April events timetable for Leeds Kirkgate Market:
- 3 and 4 April – West Yorkshire Police (Police car and police horses and a children’s investigation activity)
- 4 April – Children’s Book Reading (Peter Rabbit – in Kirkgate suite)
- 4 April – Food Detective (Zest and Ministry of Food doing cooking demonstrations with children with food sourced from within the market)
- 5 April – Leeds Young Film Festival (Children’s films shown on big screen)
- 6 April – Northern School of Contemporary Dance (workshop to encourage boys to get into to dance)
- 7 April – Vintage Fair
- 09, 10, 11 April – Roller Disco
- 12 April – Next Steps Event (Careers event for school and college leavers)
- 14 April – Record Fair
- 14 April – Leeds College Music (Live music event)
- 19, 20 and 21 April – Leeds Gardening Show (20th includes a talk and book signing with ITV’s Katie Rushworth)
All daytime events 10:00 – 4:00pm. 26th April – Night Market 5:30 – 10:00pm
You must log in to post a comment.