Join the Conservatives to get Brexit done and unleash Britain’s potential
The Conservatives offer a future in which we get Brexit done, and then move on to focus on our priorities – which are also your priorities.
The first 100 days of a Conservative majority Government would see the passing of the Prime Minister’s Brexit deal, a Queen’s Speech to introduce key domestic legislation covering law and order and health and a post Brexit Budget to take advantage of the opportunities before us. But this is all at risk from a hung parliament, which is a very real possibility.
If given a majority, a Boris Johnson Government will, by 22nd March – 100 days after the General Election – have passed the Withdrawal Agreement and delivered Brexit.
Before 100 days are up, a Conservative majority Government would have also taken the following actions:
- Delivering a post Brexit Budget in February which will cut taxes for hardworking families
- Changing the law to end the automatic release of serious violent and sexual offenders at the half way point
- Launching the biggest review of our defence, security and foreign policy since the end of the Cold War
- Legislating for a funding increase to our schools – raising minimum funding per pupil
- Changing the law to increase the amount that migrants pay to use our NHS
- Beginning cross party talks to find an enduring solution to the challenge of social care
- Finalising an agreement with mobile phone operators to improve mobile service in the countryside
Before the 100 days are up, we will have introduced legislation to create:
- A funding guarantee for the NHS – to ensure the extra £33.9 billion per year we are putting in to the NHS by 2023 is enshrined in law
- A new Australian-style points-based immigration system
- Tougher sentences to ensure terrorists spend longer in prison
- A system which prevents vexatious claims being brought against Armed Forces veterans
- Gigabit capable broadband across the UK
- The future schemes for trade, agriculture, fishing and the environment once we leave the EU
Outlining the plan for the first hundred days the Prime Minister Boris Johnson said:
“This is the most important election in a generation – important because it will define if we go forward as a country or remain stuck, stalled, repeating the same arguments of the last three years with yet more damaging uncertainty.
In just seven days time the British people will have to choose between a working majority government or yet another gridlocked hung Parliament.
If there is a Conservative majority next week, we will get Brexit done by the end of January. 2020 will then be the year we finally put behind us the arguments and uncertainty over Brexit. We will get Parliament working on the people’s priorities – delivering 50,000 more nurses and 20,000 more police, creating millions more GP appointments, and taking urgent action on the cost of living.
But if the Conservatives don’t get a majority, then on Friday 13th we will have the nightmare of a hung Parliament with Jeremy Corbyn as Prime Minister propped up by Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP. Next year will be Groundhog Day in Parliament with MPs arguing every day about the referendum and businesses and families left in limbo, unable to plan their futures.
With Corbyn, 2020 will be the year of two chaotic referendums on Brexit and Scottish Independence creating more uncertainty. Nothing else will happen. I believe the British people will choose to go forwards and not return to the nightmare of a broken hung Parliament.”
- We’re supporting our NHS to give people the care they need now and making sure it’s there for our children and grandchildren.
- We want every parent to be confident that their children are getting the best start in life, one that will allow them to fulfil their potential and put them on a path to a brighter future.
- We know businesses are at the heart of a successful economy. That’s why we will continue to back businesses with lower taxes, better infrastructure and strike new post-Brexit free trade deals around the world to make people better off here at home.
- It is the Prime Minister’s priority to make our streets safer – and we’ve already begun work to do just that – so that the law abiding majority can live their lives free of the fear of crime.
Only the Conservative Party have a plan to get Brexit done – and it is only when Brexit is done that we can unleash Britain’s potential, focus on the people’s priorities like schools, hospitals and tackling crime and take advantage of the opportunities that Brexit provide.
We can’t do this without you. Get Brexit Done. Unleash Britain’s Potential. Vote Conservative.
You must log in to post a comment.