Raising funds and awareness for children with cancer.
Our flagship campaign returns for 2021 and for the first time in over a year we hope there will be no restrictions so we need our supporters to be as ambitious, creative, and PINK as possible! Check out the resources below to find out how you can join in.
Each year, over 150 children in Yorkshire are diagnosed with cancer. When a child is diagnosed, lives are turned upside down instantly: not just for the child but the entire family. Getting well again can be a long and challenging journey, emotionally, physically, and financially.
Supporting children and families throughout that journey is why Candlelighters was formed more than 40 years ago. Our mission is to bring light to every family affected by childhood cancer across Yorkshire by providing emotional, practical and financial support, as well as bringing hope, by investing in vital research to improve the outcomes and lives of children with cancer. We aim to do this by:
– Providing emotional, practical and financial support to families. This includes the provision of expert support such as talking therapies, peer groups, wellbeing services, play support, holidays to create special family memories, day to day support on the wards, and a package of financial grants.
– Delivering our range of high-quality family support services for as long we are needed and wherever we are needed, from the point of diagnosis, during and after treatment, and for those families who are sadly bereaved. Candlelighters’ support can last a lifetime.
– Supporting and strengthening the NHS centre of excellence in Yorkshire by funding crucial, front-line hospital roles.
– Investing in vital research, education and training to improve the outcomes and lives of children and their families affected by childhood cancer both across Yorkshire and further afield.
The COVID-19 pandemic has been tough for charities but with an end in sight to the restrictions which have made fundraising so difficult, we need your help to raise as much money as possible to help children with cancer www.candlelighters.enthuse.com
Get together with friends, family and colleagues and think up some perfectly pink fundraising ideas (read on for some inspiration!). For the first time in over a year, we hope there will be no restrictions so we need our supporters to be as ambitious, creative, and PINK as possible!
This fundraising pack is filled with handy tips and tricks to help you:
Decide how you’re going to raise funds; one of the easiest ways is to set up an online donations page, we suggest Enthuse or Just Giving (although Just Giving has slightly higher fees for us!).
Set a target to raise. Share to as many people as possible through social media and your personal networks.
For more help with setting up a fundraiser, read our main Fundraising Pack.
Questions? You can find our contact details at the end of this pack.
In 2019, Pink It Up raised an amazing total of over £27,000 – can we beat that this year?! This amount could fund all of our children’s talking therapy sessions AND sibling support groups for a whole year!
Get sponsored to …
- Dye your hair pink or wear a pink wig every day for the full week
- Pink up your shop, school, or office window – we’ll be running a competition on our social media for the best-dressed window, or you could organise your own in your community
- Host a pink non-uniform day – have a forfeit for those who aren’t pink enough!
- Take on a pink challenge – complete a run dressed in as many pink things as you can find, pink up your bike and take it on a ride or come up with your own pink-tastic challenge (why not buy some of our merch to do your challenge in?)
- Break a pink world record.
Hold an event like…
- A pink bake sale or bake-off
- A pink raffle – source lots of pink prizes to make into a hamper which can be raffled off (don’t forget to make sure any raffles you hold are compliant with the Gambling Regulator)
- A pink cocktail party
- A pink auction
- Or simply make a donation to Candlelighters.
Be inspired: In 2019 supporter Stacy threw a pink street party…
“It was absolutely amazing; not only did we raise vital funds but we raised so much awareness. It brought friends, family and a whole community together to share what fantastic support Candlelighters provides for families and children affected by childhood cancer.
“It also gave me and my family members who are also championing the work Candlelighters do, a chance to celebrate what a wonderful charity it is and how others can offer support by volunteering, getting involved with fundraising or just by spreading the word!’ – Stacy
- Local businesses donated to take part in a competition to ‘Pink Up your Window’ making some brilliant pink window displays for all to see!
- Take lots of photos and share them on social media with the hashtag #PINKITUP and don’t forget to tag our pages too!
- Let the press know about your fundraising – there are lots of magazines, newspapers, radio and TV stations to engage with in Yorkshire
- Explain to people why you’ve chosen to support Candlelighters and give them regular updates about your challenge or event; they’ll be keen to sponsor you if they know the effort you’re putting in
- Around 20% of sponsorship comes in after someone has completed their challenge, so don’t stop promoting as soon as your event or activity is over!
Click on the links below to download our perfectly pink #PINKITUP resources!
- Pink It Up 2021 Information Poster
- Pink It Up 2021 Text Donate Poster
- Pink It Up 2021 Editable Poster (Use me to tell people about how you’re raising funds and awareness!)
- Social Media Banner – Fancy Dress
- Social Media Banner – Cake
- Text Donate Numbers (Use me for your pink windows!)
- Online Donation QR Code (Use me for your pink windows!)
Thank YOU for supporting Candlelighters. #PINKITUP Now you know how to Pink It Up, what are you waiting for?! Plan your idea and start fundraising! To donate £3, text PINK to 70331. To donate £5, text PINK to 70970. To donate £10, text PINK to 70191. Let’s turn Yorkshire PINK for children with cancer:
- Facebook @CandlelightersTrust
- Twitter @CandlelightersT
- Instagram @CandlelightersYorkshire
- LinkedIn Candlelighters Trust
At Candlelighters we bring light and hope to every family affected by childhood cancer across Yorkshire. Contact Email: email@example.com Phone: 0113 322 9283 WebSite: www.candlelighters.org.uk Make a donation to Candlelighters www.candlelighters.enthuse.com
Thank You for visiting our online shop where you can support us with a virtual gift, get your place at an event or purchase that essential piece of Candlelighters merchandise www.candlelighters.org.uk